Savudrija–Salvore is known as the westernmost point of Croatia, in Istria. According to the legend, it was named after the German emperor Barbarossa – Otto – who during the sea battle near it in 1177 against the allied fleet of the Pope Alexander III tried to hide in a water cistern. ‘Salvo re’ (the saved king) became thus a toponym Salvore.
It is also known after it was chosen by Austro-Hungarians to be one of the destinations for their holidays and curing.
The most recognized symbol is its Lighthouse that was made 1818., and surrounded by Mediterranean vegetation.
Bike trails passing by numerous historical remnants of Roman buildings and a rich gastronomic offer are only some of the attractions for summer holidays in Savudrija-Salvore.