Roc is small Istrian place situated only 10 km from Buzet. It is one more town on the hill, protected with walls, and it is mentioned 1064. for the first time. Founded as an Illyirian settlement, it grew into a Roman castrum. In the Middle Ages, it transformed into a fortified castle, separated by walls and defensive towers and Small and Large Gate.
During the 15th and the 16th century, it was the centre of Croatian literacy, editorship, and printing based on the oldest Slavic Glagolitic Alphabet.
It is known after Glagolitics Alley that leads to Hum.