Eltz Manor is a Baroque castle in Vukovar, Croatia. The 18th century manor is the location of the Vukovar City Museum. In 1736 Philipp Karl von Eltz, the Archchancellor of the Holy Roman Empire and Prince-Archbishop of Mainz, had purchased Vukovar manor in the eastern Kingdom of Slavonia (Syrmia), then part of the Habsburg Monarchy ruled by Emperor Charles VI. The castle was originally built between the period of 1749 to 1751 by the Archchancellor’s descendants of the German Catholic noble House of Eltz and was gradually extended over time.
Eltz Manor, however, suffered a great deal of damage during the Croatian War of Independence, when it was bombarded by the Yugoslavian Army during the Battle of Vukovar. After four years of restorations co financed by Croatian Government and Council of Europe Development Bank, it was completely restored to its pre-war appearance in October 2011.